Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Confirmation

Today I got word from the Oregon Health & Science University that we are confirmed to participate in a clinical study!  We go at the beginning of next year.  It's pretty exciting and scary all at the same time.  Both kids will participate but only one at a time.  There are a lot of tests involved, blood draws, urine collection, exercise, etc.  They show us how to use the supplement they are studying.

Currently, the kids can use MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil as a supplement since their bodies can utilize the medium chain fats.  This other oil, C7 or triheptanoin, is being tested to see if it works better than MCT.  Either way, the kids will get a supplement that will benefit them.  After that rotten trip to the pool, I am definitely happy to try something else!

In the meantime, school is in full swing for all of us.  I've got a 96.5 in my communications class currently so that is a good start.  Michael has gotten an in school suspension but Ariella's been fine so far.  Nathan is liking his classes and I've been approved for FMLA for him as well so I can bring him to his multitude of appointments without my job being at risk.  So far, so good!  We'll keep plugging away here...


No comments:

Post a Comment